Electromagnetic Brakes | Electromagnetic Clutches
Electromagnetic brakes and electromagnetic clutches
- These electromagnetic brakes and electromagnetic clutches utilize an electromagnet to generate drag torque
- Drag torque is dependent on input current and independent of slip speed, a constant current power supply such as our MPP24 must be used
- Torque on each unit can be adjusted to any value between bearing drag (~0) and the max torque indicated in the table below by adjusting input current
- Select an electromagnetic brake or electromagnetic clutch based on torque requirement
- Refer to heat curve on product data sheet to ensure speed and torque of your application will not exceed heat rating of brake
- Refer to product data sheet for dimensional data
These brakes utilize an electric hysteresis brake paired with an integral gearbox. Ideal for applications that require high torque at a low speed. Available in a variety of gear ratios depending on torque requirements up to 450 ft-lb.
These brakes offer air-cooling using compressed air. Ideal for high-speed applications which are dissipating considerable heat.